Monday, July 2, 2012

Organizing - The Neverending Story

If the title of this post has you singing the song and picturing a giant white flying dog, congratulations, you are a child of the eighties!
Unfortunately, this is not a post reminiscing about our favorite childhood movies. This is about my OCD tendencies, and my frustration at not being able to get ahead. Doesn't it seem like no matter how many times you straighten and organize an area of your home, it always goes back to the previously messy unorganized space it was before? I am reaching the point again where I look around and realize that it is time to again put in some serious organizing in the hot spots. In the interest of accountability, I am going to list the areas that need organizing the most, so that I can come back with a more detailed post about them later. The hot spots that need work in my life are (in no particular order): the pantry, the linen closet, the garage, and all of the Tiny Men's toys. And when I say all, that is not a statement to be taken lightly. Just to demonstrate the severity of the situation, Here are pictures of two areas in our living room:

This is what those Tiny Men did just before naptime. 


And this is just one corner. (Disregard the hideous red and gold curtains in this picture. The subject of making new, lined curtains will be a series of posts all on its own.)

Now let me tell you that they have all this stuff and more in the living room, plus they have baskets of toys in their bedrooms, and on top of that we have a (mostly) finished basement that houses more toys that the two other areas put together!! They have way. too. many. toys.

So hopefully I will be back soon with the dreaded "before" shots, and the delightful "after" shots to share. You didn't think I was going to show you the "before" shots now, did you? I may be crazy, but I'm not stupid :)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...