Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Chicken Enchilada Bake

This recipe is SOOO delish! It was passed from my aunt to my mom, and now I make it too! The Tiny Men are picky eaters so they turn their noses up at it, but everyone else agrees it is the best! We serve this with rice and a side of veggies. This is also a recipe that can be adapted for freezer cooking.

(source) *full disclosure - this is not my recipe, but I haven't taken a picture of it so I just searched for one that looks like it! I'll update it once I take my own photo :)

Chicken Enchiladas
2 T margarine or butter
1/2 C chopped onions
1 garlic clove, minced
4 oz can diced green chilies
1/2 C sour cream
1 can of cream of chicken soup (I make my own, post will be coming shortly!)
1 1/2 C chicken, cubed or shredded (I prefer shredded)
1 1/2 C shredded cheddar
1/4 C milk
tortillas

Saute onion and garlic in the margarine or butter. Stir in the chilies, soup, and sour cream. Mix well, reserve3/4 C sauce. Stir in the chicken and 1 cup of cheese with the remaining sauce. Roll in tortillas and place seam side down in a greased baking dish. Add 1/4 cup of milk to the sauce and pour over the enchiladas. Cook at 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.

Freezer Instructions: Mix the filling, including chicken and cheese. Freeze in a gallon sized bag. To prepare, defrost, and separate 3/4 cup of the filling. Mix with 1/4 cup of milk. Fill the tortillas, pour sauce over, and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. This means that the sauce on top will have some chicken in it, but that really doesn't affect the delish factor!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...