Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Getting Started - Get to Know Me


After months and months of reading other blogs about decorating, living frugally, and decorating frugally, I decided I needed to take a stab at it myself. When I was discussing it with The Hubby, he suggested that I name the blog "recycled ideas" because I would basically be doing things that I have seen in other places. It is true that I am not the most creatively minded person in the world - I definitely have to build upon things I have seen others do. But hopefully I can show that even if it is not the most original idea in the world, you can still make it your own for your home and family.
For the past year, I have been trying to live more frugally, feed my family more food cooked from scratch, and thinking about decorating my house. I have had more success in some areas than others. I started couponing, and I have a little stockpile built up. I am disappointed if I save less than 30% when I go grocery shopping. I have definitely made strides in my cooking - I still have meals that turn out less than great, but I am trying to make it a bit more healthy. Decorating my house - not so much.
I suffer from decorating fear - I doubt my ability to put things together in a way that looks good, or I am afraid to do something for fear that it won't look good. As a result, we have lived in our house for four years and there is a serious lack of decor. Of any type. And I hate it. I covet the Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware catalogs and wish my house looked like that, but it really is just an empty box lacking in inspiration or creativity. So my goal is to make our house feel like a home with affordable (aka cheap) projects that fit our personality. I hope the accountability of blogging it will help me actually accomplish this lofty goal. And I hope that I can help you a bit, too!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...